Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Veterinarian
Experience:  35 years in practice
18324312

my dog Is a collie and had him 5years since pup, he has always

Customer Question

my dog Is a collie and had him 5years since pup, he has always growled when tired and when you near his food ,has nipped at grandchild but not broken skin ,until weekend there was thunder and nephew was stroking to comfort him and was bitten to the point it drew blood and had and is still having hospital treatment, I have booked in to local vet to be put to sleep ,but don't know if there is any other option open to me.i have contacted rspca and they will not rehome him, can you give me any advice
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Bob.
I am so sorry to read of the situation in which you find yourself with Benji and of your grandson's injury.
Has Benji ever tried, or succeeded in biting you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could have done with quicker response as the dog has now been put to sleep

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 years ago.
Hello again, Wayne. I'm sorry for your loss.
A dog that bites humans is like a ticking time bomb that, unless very thoroughly trained, or completely controlled, will bite again. As sad as this situation is, you did the safest and most sensible thing.
If you should have any further questions, please let me know.
Kind regards, Dr. Bob