Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My Daughter,who lives in Worcester City,has 3 dogs.They have

My Daughter,who lives in Worcester City,has 3 dogs.They have been Infested with Fleas since January.She has taken them to the Local vet many times,has bought varioous products from him,and also from the Pet Supply Companies. She has had the house Sprayed etc TWICE ,to no avail,at Great expense. She is an unemployed Full
time Teacher,who has tkaen Temporary Shortterm teaching assistance Jobs,at little income. She is desparate for HELP & GOOD Advice,as to solve her problem,as Businesses only want to sell her Products that do NOT work.HELP!!!! Derrick Martin
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry to learn of this flea problem your daughter is having. I am happy to answer your question today.

When a flea problem continues despite using products like Frontline it is not that the frontline is not working. But, the environment (home) is fully infested with flea egg and larvae and are overwhelming the treatment. This is what your daughter can try that has worked wonderful for me in the worst flea problem ever:

1- Continue using Frontline once a month for no less than 3-4 months.
2- Capstar pills to be given once a day every other day to each dog for 2 weeks. You can buy this online, vet's office or pet store.
3- Buy a product to treat the home with the ingredient "sodium polyborate." This works wonderful against the eggs and larvae while being safe for pets and family. There is a product called "fleabusters" that contains this ingredient. Check for availability online or local convenient store. Prior to applying the powder vacuum the premises then apply the powder. Make sure daughter throws away vacuum bag immediately after using.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My daughter has been advised by her Vet.NOT to use Frontline.It's NO GOOD!!! Her income is VERY SMALL, She NEEDS HELP. Derrick

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Derrick, I would have to respectfully ***** ***** her vet. Ask her to try the above treatment plan and see how it goes.

Dr. Peter