Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My 4yearold labradoodle need an op on her right knee due to

Customer Question

My 4yearold labradoodle need an op on her right knee due to Cruciate ligament rupture now the vet wants to do both knees at the same time. I've said no because I think it's to much also when we looked at the x-ray the left knee looked almost normal. Was I right to say no I understand she could at some point need it doing.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If this ACL rupture was due to an injury, there is no reason to believe that the other knee will require this procedure. There are cases where this can be a hereditary condition and the other knee may rupture at some point in time but this is not always the case. Unless there is evidence that the other knee is in danger of rupturing, then it is best to do one. It appears, in your case, that this is not the case and I would recommend only doing the one knee and waiting until there is an issue with the other knee which may never happen.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Thank you so much, Linda, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a wonderful day!