Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

For the last couple of days my cat has not really been passing

Customer Question

For the last couple of days my cat has not really been passing bowel movements other than mucus based ones. Yesterday noticed fresh blood interspersed in his poo. He is not interested in food over the last 24 hrs - seems happy enough in himself, but not eating much. He also had a dry vomit last night after leaving the litter tray. He's been on Felisozole for thyroid problems for 2 yrs now and has 6.25mg of Atenolol ( for 5 yrs now) daily - he is 17/18 yrs old and is still quite active. He did have a stressful experience with some builders the day it started - he was stuck outside in the thunder/rain and couldn't get in until they disappeared.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Do you mean he is passing mucoid feces or just mucus?

When did he last pass normal feces?

Does he have any belly pain if you press on his belly?

Is he urinating normally?