Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

hi my horse has weepy eyes , like conjuctivitus what treatment

Customer Question

hi my horse has weepy eyes , like conjuctivitus what treatment would you recommend ?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.
Good morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta and would like to help.

Thid discharge from Podge's eyes could be due to allergies or irritation of this is clear. For this, the best treatment is to apply Artificial tears, available at the chemist over teh counter, every 4-6 hrs. This will flush away the irritants that may be causing this.

If the discharge is yellow or puslike, this may be infectious which means that Podge would require an antibiotic eye ointment that you must get form your vet....

Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Podge feels better soon!

Have a wonderful day!