My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon, I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.
please tell me ... is your cat showing any adverse symptoms of any sort?
And are you aware of rat poison being put down in your locality?
OK, thanks for the info. In over 28 years in practice in the UK I have never known a cat or dog to be poisoned through rats and mice which had died or were affected by poison, so the chances of your cat being affected would be very low indeed. Most dogs and cats are affected because the swallow the poisoned bait, dogs much more than cats.
The fact she is otherwise healthy and not showing any symptoms is also very encouraging ...
Though a remote possibility poisoning is technically possible so if you want ro be 100% certain you are doing the right thing then have a vet check her over tomorrow
It can take a few days for symptoms to appear so this is no pointer but the good thing is that the vets in the UK will pretty well always have an antidote handy for the commonest form of rat poison.
The common rat poison in the UK is a warfarin type drug,
Symptoms can start to appear any time within the first three to four days after ingestion depending on the dose.
It is commonly seen in the first 24 hours though
look out for bruising and bleeding of the mucous membranes in the mouth and eyes
you may see bruising or bright red patches
the affected cat could be lethargic and anorexic as well
It is usually very obvious is poisoning has occurred
Sorry anorexic mean reduced or absent appetite for food
theses cats can be quite thirsty though
I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards,Scott