Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

Hi my English terrier has got a blood blister on her right

Hi my English bull terrier has got a blood blister on her right ear which has been drained by our vet once twice by us been shown how to do it with a full week inbtween each draining we have done it for the third time today ourselves but it has started filling again how many times can we expect us to have to do this before it stops plus will it leave any perminate damage to her ear has which the blister it's drooping down now slightly please help if you can yours very best regards janet
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question Janet. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Where is exactly is the blister, on the floppy part of the ear (pinnae)?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's at the top of her ear her ears are straight but due to weight of blister it's made it flop down slieghtly
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Friend, a blood blister creates a dead space when it is drained. The body's natural tendency is to fill it up again the dead space, this is why simply draining the blister does not work. If you continue to drain it, it will get full again. The best option is to discuss with your family veterinarian to either remove the blister surgically or place drains in the blister to allow the skin to heal from the inside out. Draining alone will not resolve the problem.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience: 16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] co.uk and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/veterinary/8mjqx-hi-english-terrier-blood-blister-right.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.