Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

HI I HAVE A BORDER TERRIER HE IS 11 YEARS OLD HIS SKIN HAS

Customer Question

HI I HAVE A BORDER TERRIER HE IS 11 YEARS OLD HIS SKIN HAS GONE BLACK AND HE HAS LOST SOME FUR AROUND HIS BACK NECK AND TAIL AREA I HAVE NOTICED SOME BLACK DRY SKIN CIRCULAR IN SHAPE ON HIS SKIN TOO WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IT IS ? THANKS
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?
2- How old is your dog?
3- Any pre existing medical conditions?
4- How much does he weigh?
5- Is he gaining weight?
6- Any other symptoms?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.