Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My rabbit has a fractured front paw. I took him to the vets

Customer Question

My rabbit has a fractured front paw. I took him to the vets but its going to cost to much to get it fixed. I dont want to put him down , so is it possible to make him a splint and treat him myself?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 2 years ago.
My name is Barbara, and I'm a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years experience, and I'd like to help you and Smokey.
Whether a splint is even possible depends upon the location of the fracture. Do you know? Did your vet take any xrays? Did your vet say the only treatment was surgery, or did she offer a splint too?
Thanks for your answers,
Dr. Barbara