Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years with dogs, cats, exotic, wildlife and zoo animals, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My african grey parrot has diarrhoea and generally been off

My african grey parrot has diarrhoea and generally been off colur for several days what vshould I do for her? she is still eating and drinking
Bob
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.
As long as she is eating and drinking otherwise normally you can put 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed into one gallon of water. This mix should then be provided as her only drinking water. Give this to her through the rest of the weekend. If it's a simple overgrowth of small intestinal bacteria or yeast then this should help. If it doesn't help by the end of the weekend she needs to be examined for liver, kidney or reproductive disease and treated appropriately.
I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Dan