Dr.D
Dr.D, Veterinarian
Experience:  27 years of small animal medicine and surgery experience.Licensed in Florida and Canada
27194348

Dogs not lead trained. One 18 months and the other 8 months.

Customer Question

Dogs not lead trained. One 18 months and the other 8 months. Both pull too much to take for walks. Just homed them. How to stop them pulling please. They will pull me over.
Expert:  Dr.D replied 2 years ago.

Dr.D : Hello ,Welcome to JA ,I am DrD ,I am a licensed veterinarian ,I will try to do my best to assist you with your questions today.
Dr.D : I was having exactly the same problem with my Yellow labrador Retriever. During the North American Veterinary Congress İn 1995 I had found out about gentle leader and took a short hamds on course.Unbelievable ! Right after I applied gentle leader to my dog there was no more pulling .He learned walking properly in several weeks you would not believe it.
Dr.D : Here is the video for you http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TWFPWj08Bhs
Dr.D : The first half hour may be very stressful for both but everything will be very pleasing after they get used to it.
Dr.D : There is also a product called easy walk harness for dogs that can not tolerate gentle leader.