Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

I have a and a dog shih tzu , my is in season,

Customer Question

I have a bitch and a dog shih tzu , my bitch is in season, I have been keeping a nappy on her while she is like this, today dogs were in the garden and the dog came in all humped backed, when I picked him up his penis and testes were dangling down through his skin,
is this natural ? it as gone back now, but I was worried as I have never seen this before
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today.

Friend, what you saw is completely normal. The two balls were not the testicles, this is erectile tissue called the "Bulbus Glandis." This tissue is what causes the dogs to lock when they breed. No need to worry, it is suppose to come out when breeding; he will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you I was really worried, now I can relax like him

Joanne

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome Joanne.

Dr. Peter