Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

hi my 11 year old ***** ***** seems to be breathing faster

hi my 11 year old ***** ***** seems to be breathing faster than usual he s not distressed but has a slight cough also i don't think its kenel cough cos my other jack is fine he sounds a bit weezy at times he s eating ok I cant get an appointment till friday and I must admit I am climbing the walls can you please help me
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
These are typical signs of the beginnings of Congestive Heart Disease. This condition cause fluid to build up in Charles Lawrence's chest causing difficult breathing and this cough that sounds like Kennel Cough. It is important to have your vet examine Charles Lawrence soon because if this is the case, treatment is very effective and will help Charles Lawrence and make him more comfortable.
This Link will explain in more detail:
http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/congestive-heart-failure-dogs
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is this serious

Yes, Charles, this can be serious but the treatment is very effective and your guy can live a long happy life while on these medications.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

many thanks I am really upset I have spoken to the vets and they will look at him in the morning I just hope its not gone to far