Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

my friend went on holiday and I am looking after her dog. She

my friend went on holiday and I am looking after her dog. She told me to give the prednicare tablet to her dog. What she did not say is that I needed to give her 1/2 tablet. I have been giving her a tablet a day for 6 days now. Have I hurt the dog? should I stop giving it to her or give her 1/2 tablet every second day. Help please I do not want to hurt her dog. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How much does the dog weigh?
2- How many milligrams are the prednicare?
3- Why is she on prednicare?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she was given 30 tablets of 5mg. 1 tablet once daily then 1/2 table once daily. I gave her 1 tablet for 6 days instead of 1/2 tablet. Should I stop giving her the tablet (there are 15 tablets left)?

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Friend, you have not harmed her by giving her 1 full tablet of Prednicare 5mg. Do not stop the prednicare. Continue tapering the dose as family veterinarian instructed. Keep her on the 1/2 tablet once a day and follow the dosing recommendations, she will be fine; no need to worry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter