Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

my2yearoldhusky has developed a lump on his side which is causing

Customer Question

my2yearoldhusky has developed a lump on his side which is causing him great discomfort his breathing is heavy and he is very lethargic also he is off his food he is currently taking onsior40mg once a day but they don't seem to be working
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
I am so sorry to hear about your guys condition....
This lump requires further diagnostics such as an Xray, lab work and your vet needs to tap this mass to determine if this is n infection or if it is a tumor that would require removal. The Onsior is merely an pain reliever and anti inflammatory medication but will have on effect on curing this mass.
Make sure that your vet does these diagnostics so the proper treatment can be given...often, if this is a bacterial infection, they will need to open this up and drain it and treat aggressively with antibiotics after culturing this area. If it is a tumor, treatment will depend on the type of tumor.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your guy feels better soon!
Have a wonderful day!