Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

hi have a little dog terrirer type seem to have spasams in

hi have a little dog terrirer type seem to have spasams in his mid region and shakes breathing out
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
The symptoms you've reported in your little dog are important but not specific for any one disorder. I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner but I suspect that many vets were reluctant to give you what necessarily must be an unsatisfactory answer. Shaking suggests discomfort. Shaking while exhaling (breathing out) suggests that the discomfort is in the lower-airways (lungs, e.g.), pulmonary circulation, pleura, or mediastinum (the central compartment in the chest). "Spasms" in his midregion are unclear to me and so I would like to hear you describe what you're seeing more clearly.
Has he begun to eat since you posted your question? Are there any other symptoms to report - coughing, sneezing, vomiting, diarrhea, etc?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi yes has bit diarrhea and sickness no not eating at all his poo is very dark grey /black..his breathing is shaking when he exhales .will be taking him to vet this morrning.....

thank you...

I'm pleased to hear that he'll be seen by his vet today. If you wish to continue consulting with me, please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
You're quite welcome.
May I have an update, please?