Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years with dogs, cats, exotic, wildlife and zoo animals, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My 1 year old pacman frog has not been himself since June,

My 1 year old pacman frog has not been himself since June, he's stopped jumping, stopped eating and is weak and mega skinny. He has pus filled lumps every now and then which I treat with tamodine wound and skin cleaner. He's completely lifeless that I've had to start force feeding him with a credit card gently slid into his mouth and pop a dusted locust in.
The temp never drops below 78, I change his water daily and I change his substrate (coconut husk) every two weeks. Please help my poor Barry, he's my everything.
Many thanks, Lisa.
Ps, we also have Norman also a pacman frog, he's slightly younger than Barry but there's no problems with him what so ever, just upset that one is really healthy whilst Barry looks like he's going to die any day now.
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you. I'm sorry your frog is so sick. It sounds like Norman has gone septic. The pus pockets you noticed are likely a much bigger problem than you think. When pus forms on the skin of most amphibians it is due to the bacteria circulating through the blood stream. The pus pockets may form on the skin but will also form in other organs like the liver. These will not respond to the tramodine and skin cleanser. In order for this part of the infection to be fixed oral or injectable antibiotics will be needed which means you'll need to have Noramn visit the vet. In the meantime continue to force feed daily, but he needs prescription medications to help him, almost certainly. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions. Dr. Dan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I'm afraid Barry died a few hours ago.:-(