Vet
Vet, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have spent many years in mixed practice, dealing with all the major species.
76153631

My rose breasted cockatoo has become very listless over the

Customer Question

My rose breasted cockatoo has become very listless over the last 2 days, looking like she may fall off her perch. Any help?
Expert:  Vet replied 2 years ago.
Vet :

Hi there, sorry to hear your bird is not well. Listlessness could be so may things, so I'll need some more information. Things to look for include: Feather loss, eye/nose discharge, appetite, any swellings, condition of legs and consistency of droppings. Also please let me know about the cage, its furniture and what food you are giving.

Vet :

In my experience birds hide their illnesses well, so we may be short on time to solve this. If you haven't the time to reply to this with the required details then I suggest you take him/her to the vet ASAP. In the meantime, make sure the bird is comfortable, and offer water with a dropper or syringe, and some normal food softened with some water if necessary.

Vet :

Best of luck to you, Vet Andrew

JACUSTOMER-npva8gbs- :

Thanks for reply, but I couldn't wait so took the bird to avian specialist last night, (very long drive).

JACUSTOMER-npva8gbs- :

She is on antibiotics and baby food, we hoping she will recover

JACUSTOMER-npva8gbs- :

oh hello

JACUSTOMER-npva8gbs- :

bye

Expert:  Vet replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Sounds like you're on the right track. I couldn't answer sooner as I've only just been registered with JustAnswer.
All the best
Vet Andrew
Expert:  Vet replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Sorry to hear you weren't totally happy with my answer. Please let me know what you didn't like and I'll do my best to improve things.
All the best,
Vet Andrew
Expert:  Vet replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks for the uprating. We can't know if we're being useful without feedback!
Vet Andrew
Expert:  Vet replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going, as I would in general practice. How is the patient?

Let me know,
Vet Andrew