Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My 8 month old has server wobble problems , he's head go's

Customer Question

My 8 month old has server wobble problems , he's head go's to one side his back end go's he falls over it is horrible to see for such a young german shepherd pup, what is the out come
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
I am so sorry to hear about Dexter's condition....these are serious neurologic symptoms that could be due to problems with the vertebrae or it could be due to an infection in his vestibular system or infection such as an Encephalitis. It is very important that your vet run testing such as lab work and X-rays to determine the cause. This is very unusual in such a young dog and there are many issues that could cause these symptoms. Get Dexter to your vet as son as possible so the cause can be found and treatment can be initiated to help poor Dexter past this.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much, Peter, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Dexter feels better soon! This sounds very serious but finding the cause hopefully will resolve his distress.
Have a wonderful day, Peter!