Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Albino pygmy hedgehog has had a stroke , eating and drinking

Customer Question

Albino pygmy hedgehog has had a stroke , eating and drinking OK but obviously in distress.
Is there any chance of recovery
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Loretta :

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I am so sorry to hear about your precious little Snowy. It is hard to know if he will survive but it is a very good sign that he is eating. The best thing you can do is to provide supportive care such as supplementing him with Pedialyte, a little every 4-6 hrs to give him an extra boost and vitamins available at the pet store with extra glucose to help Snowy past this if this is possible. The longer Snowy is in this distress, the less likely he will get past this but all you can do is try.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Thank you so much, Bil, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope yourr little Snowy can get past this with your love and care.

Have a wonderful day!