Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My bishon aged 10 has a sore with a scab on her back she only

Customer Question

My bishon aged 10 has a sore with a scab on her back she only had her injections two weeks ago and seemed ok then I have been advised to bath it with salt water ?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

These lesions are usually associated with a staph infection and the best treatment for this is Betadine applied to this area every 6 hrs. This is available at the pharmacy and will dry out this area so the bacteria cannot grow. Salt water is also efective in a smaller way by acting as a hyerosmotic agent. There is a chance that this sore is associalted with the vaccines but your vet will nto know unless tis treatment is not effective. In most cases, this is a minor issue that will resolve easily.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much, Sheila, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your gal feels better soon!

Have a wonderful day!