Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

hi,my labrador/staffie cross is having a torrid time tonight,severe

hi,my labrador/staffie cross is having a torrid time tonight,severe testacle licking,fretting and cannot settle whatsoever,help please,Scott
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Are you seeing any redness or swelling in the scrotum (skin)?
2- Any pre existing medical conditions?
3- Is he on any medications?
4- Any other symptoms?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi,he as no pre existing medical conditions,he is on no medications,no other symptons involved but yes their is a little redness,scrotum itself is like the tanks are full but no extra swelling,i know he will be up most of the night for sure
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Scott, he is uncomfortable because of the inflammation in the scrotum. It is important to stop him from licking or he will make it worst. This is what you can do:

1- Need to stop him from licking or he is going to delay healing and make it worst. Pick up an ecollar (cone) in your local pet store to stop him from licking/gnawing at affected area. For tonight you may try a t-shirt to cover his testicles.

2- Pick up in your local pharmacy "Hibiclens" antimicrobial soap or chlorhexiderm scrub. Wash area with this soap 2-3 times a day. If you do not find the above soap use over the counter antibacterial soap.

3- After washing affected area as above apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin or bacitracin. Do this 2-3 times a day for the next 7-10 days.

4- Follow up with your family veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter