Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

my cat has been sick bowels are moving but has not past ur

my cat has been sick bowels are moving but has not past urine
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How often is he vomiting?
2- Is he trying to urinate?
3- Is he lethargic?
4- Is he strictly indoors?
5- How long has this been going on?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

4 times in 2days yes to number 2 yes to number3 yes to number4 going on for 2 days

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
So, to make sure I got this right he is trying to urinate but nothing comes out, correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

correct

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
June, I am a bit concern of the symptoms you are describing in your cat; this is consistent with a urinary blockage. In other words, he could have tiny stones or a mucus plug blocking the outflow of urine in the urethra (tube connecting bladder to penis). This is an emergency, his bladder could rupture or go into kidney failure with fatal consequences. Can it be something else? Yes, cats can also have inflammation of the bladder that presents in similar manner. But, it is extremely important to rule out a urinary blockage.
Unfortunately, we are very limited as to what you can do at home. If he has a blockage he will need your vet to pass a urinary catheter through his penis for him to urinate. Highly recommend having him checked by nearest veterinarian immediately, do not wait. I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. P
lease do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter