Veterinary questions? Ask a Vet for Answers ASAP
Hello, thanks for your question today! I am Dr. Drew, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
An overdose of Metacam is a very serious matter.
Mild overdoses can cause significant digestive irritation and ulcers,
and larger overdoses can cause kidney damage and kidney failure.
Vomiting can be a sign of any of these possibilities.
Therefore, I must urge you to seek veterinary attention today, so that George can have some blood and urine tests done to see if the kidney function is impaired.
If so, he will need to be aggressively treated with intravenous fluids, and kept in the hospital for several days.
I would not recommend trying to treat this problem at home,
for kidney damage can be fatal if not managed properly.