Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My 10 month old Cockerpoo has been going crazy for nearly 2

My 10 month old Cockerpoo has been going crazy for nearly 2 hours after treading on lots of stinging nettles. Is there anything I can give him or do to ease the discomfort?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This reaction is often due to an allergic reaction to these so the best thig to do for your guy is to give him Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. This will decrease the reaction and hopefully, calm him down. On the areas that are affected, wrap him in towel and clip away all the fur you can and then apply a steroid creme such as Cortaid every 6 hrs. If this does not help within an hour, your vet will have an injection that will resolve this discomfort for your guy. This works in most cases.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****