Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My dog has had a gastro infection and

Customer Question

My dog has had a gastro infection and is home now with some anti acid, pain mess and antibiotics. X-rays didn't show anything and he is eating and going to the toilet but he won't settle down. What can I do to settle him?
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. You do deserve the courtesy of a reply although it's likely to be unsatisfactory. I suspect that experts expected Leo's therapy to kick in and resolve his restlessness before they responded to you. His restlessness suggests persistent discomfort associated with his "gastro infection" which is difficult for us to assess without reviewing his history and results of diagnostic testing.

Giving Leo a sedative in order to address his restlessness would be inappropriate because it could mask symptoms which could warn us to complications that needed to be addressed. Please give me an update on Leo's condition. If you've already had Leo attended to, please contact***@******.*** to have your deposit refunded. If you wish, please respond with further questions or concerns.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes you are right your reply did come a bit late and I have managed to get onto Leo's vet. It seems it may have just been a reaction to the medication and he seems to be improving.

Thanks you for getting back to me.

Regards,

That's good to hear, Steph. You may receive an inappropriate follow up sent by the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.

Please disregard the info request.