Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

my 8 month old puppy ( Cavalier King Charles ) landed funny

Customer Question

my 8 month old puppy ( Cavalier King Charles ) landed funny from the stairs and limping. Looks like he is in pain. Should I take him to vets ?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Which leg is he limping?
2- Is he bearing weight on the limb?
3- How long has this been going on?
4- Any swelling?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

back right leg. Not sure if bearing weight - my husband called about the incident... This only happened this morning while he was playing with our child and she threw his favourite toy while both on stairs.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Loreta, any lameness of the hind limb that is partial or non weight bearing we need to rule out: A fracture, dislocated hip or a soft tissue (muscle, tendon or ligament) injury. If it's been more than several hours and your husband is seeing no improvement the best option is having him checked by a veterinarian this morning and start him on prescription anti inflammatory and pain medication. In the meantime, rest him; no running or jumping.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. P
lease do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome.