Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics
25524280

My is 7 years old. 3 days ago she started bleeding as

My bitch is 7 years old. 3 days ago she started bleeding as if in season (quite heavy).
since yesterday,She is not eating but is drnking. Her breathing is fast and she has a runny nose. She also is very stiff in her back legs when first moving. She has been lying around all day. Does not bark at door (very unusual).
She is a syberian husky.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Susan :

, I can help you with your question today.

Dr. Susan :

When is the last time your bitch was in heat?

Customer:

September

Dr. Susan :

OK. I'm worried about a condition called pyometra.

Dr. Susan :

Is the discharge smelly?

Customer:

What is that?

Dr. Susan :

Pyometra is a severe infection of the uterus. It can lead to death if untreated

Dr. Susan :

Because of the possibility of such a serious condition, I do think it would be best to have her evaluated by a local vet right away. If the confirm pyometra, the recommended treatment would be to spay her immediately.

Customer:

I have only just moved into area and have not yet registered her with a vet. Also i have just come out of hospital after an operation and cannot lift or drive. Is there an emergency number i can phone service. (Like ambulance service?)

Dr. Susan :

If you give me your city and state I can try to help look.

Dr. Susan :

There are not many pet transport services, but we can search.

Customer:

I am in sheerness in kent.

Dr. Susan :

There is a vet called Abbey Veterinary Surgery. I'm not sure that they are still open now. You can call at 01795 662578

Customer:

Thank you. Have phoned emergency vets and they are going to see her this evening

Dr. Susan :

I'm so glad to hear that.

Dr. Susan :

In the meantime, continue to keep her well hydrated. You can offer dilute chicken broth or dilute water from a tuna can. Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek.

Customer:

Many thanks. Vet confirmed and operated last night.