Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My cockatiel collapsed in my arm while feeding her.her neck

Customer Question

My cockatiel collapsed in my arm while feeding her.her neck twisted ,herr wing wide open, her legs gave in.her body was pulling towards right side..I revived her by massaging her.she still can't stand.
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Barbara :

, Welcome to JustAnswer. I am a licensed veterinarian and I'm here to help you. It does sound she's had a stroke or some other incident (like an embolism) that has affected her brain! Could also be that she has heart disease! Is she still breathing now?

Dr. Barbara :

Could also be that she had a seizure. . .

Dr. Barbara :

There, I have to be offline couple of hours so I'll opt out so that other veterinarians on here will be able fine your question and help you with advice. Best of luck to you and Rosie. . .

Dr. Barbara :

I was alerted that you responded right as I was opting out. . .so I'm back little while to see if I can be of any help.

Dr. Barbara :

Now, I really do have to opt out. Please don't respond to this so your question remains on the queue veterinarians to address. Again, wish you and Rosie best of luck. . .

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.