Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Where can I purchase prednisolone 5mg in gel form in the uk.

Customer Question

Where can I purchase prednisolone 5mg in gel form in the uk. My cat has been prescribed 1 1/2 5mg tablets a day but I am having problems getting them down him and this is stressing me and him. This is treatment .
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Prescott's condition...i know this is really difficult but the prednisolone will really help. Take this prescription to your local human chemist...they can formulate this prescription into a gel or paste form to make it easier to give to Prescott. WE do this often in the US and I believe that a compounding chemist in the UK can do this ....not all chemist can do this so call around until you find one that has the facilities to get this done.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify .

Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you my question. I have been trying so hard today to find anyone that does the gel even the vet hospital that we take him to. One of the medication doctors got back to me and he said that they do not work as well as the tablet, is this true? My husband crushed one of the tablets then put it in water into a syringe, we did get it down him in a fashion but he was stressed and began salivating which is so dis-stressing. He's a little fighter but there are time I end up feeling is this unfair to him!
Carol...considering the circumstances with which you are giving this meidcation to your precious Prescott. any way you can get this down him is a plus. The last thing you want in his state is to stress the poor guy any more than he already is and you know his time is limited. There is no reason that the formulated gel that the chemist can get will be any less effective than the pills...check out the chemist, Carol...make things easy on your poor Prescott.
Thank you so much, Carol, kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope this helps Prescott...

Have a wonderful day!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is so kind of you and much appreciated, thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I hope you don't mind me asking this question. We got up this morning, Prescott had some food (yeah) when he went to lay down I dat and stroked his tummy when I left him he was purring and I mean ages, is this a good thing or bad, I just don't know anymore!
Good morning Carol...that sounds like a very good sign to me. This means that Prescott is comfortable and that is your goal....I hope this continues and sweet Prescott can get through this at least .

Hang in there, Carol...you are doing the best sweet guy...and that is all you can do.