Vet
Vet, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have spent many years in mixed practice, dealing with all the major species.
76153631

My dog is having problems with her stools:they are either very

Customer Question

My dog is having problems with her stools:they are either very hard and she has trouble passing them or very soft(almost dhiaroera)
Expert:  Vet replied 2 years ago.
Vet : Hi there, vet Andrew here. What breed and age is she, and how long has this been going on? What do you currently feed her?
JACUSTOMER-74m75zej- :

I feed her with mix of wet(usually Cesar) and Hill Science plan hard

Vet : What breed and age?
JACUSTOMER-74m75zej- :

Cockerpoo,20months old

Vet : How long has she been having the problem?
JACUSTOMER-74m75zej- :

about a week or so

Vet : Is she well otherwise?
JACUSTOMER-74m75zej- :

Yes,full of beans

Vet : Is she up to date with her worming?
JACUSTOMER-74m75zej- :

Yes last pill in December(every 3 months)

JACUSTOMER-74m75zej- :

should I try anor pill

Vet : I doubt the worms are the problem here, unless she regularly catches and eats mice or birds, or has not been wormed in the past.
JACUSTOMER-74m75zej- :

ok is it diet then?

Vet : In the meantime, look out for signs that mean she must visit the vet, inculding:
Vet : Weight loss
Vet : Blood in her stools or worsening of the diarrhoea.
Vet : High temperature
Vet : Persistent vomiting
JACUSTOMER-74m75zej- :

what should I do meanwhile?

Vet : Is she currently having hard stools or diarrhoea?
JACUSTOMER-74m75zej- :

it alternates sometimes both in one movement;hard at first

Vet : Since this has only just started my hope is that a rest will 'reset' her system and she can return to her usual diet. If, however, the problem persists, then you may have to switch to the Hills sensitive stomach diet, and she will have to eat only that, without treats or any other food.
Vet : Does she get treats or leftovers?
JACUSTOMER-74m75zej- :

treats (same brand as ever)but no leftovers

Vet : Ok, you'll have to cut those out for the next three days. If you want to give her something, just give her a piece of the boiled chicken.
JACUSTOMER-74m75zej- :

ok

Vet : Sorry, I think my last post got lost somehow. Do you have any further questions about the diet plan or her health in general?
Vet : Hi again. I have to go now, but if you have any further questions please post them here and I will be notified. I hope our chat has helped you. Regards, ***** *****