Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

would prozac help with anxiety based aggression

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is***** am a 2003 graduate, and currently a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.
I am sorry to hear about this concern.
Yes, it is quite possible the medication can help. Of course, even if it does help, I would still work diligently worth a professional trainer to curb the aggression.
Prozac is worth a try.
Another alternative is called clomicalm (clomipramine)
Some supplements below for general anxiety worth taking a look at as well:
DAP diffuser – Release dog pheromone into the air and can help with stress. You cannot smell it:
DAP Diffuser
Composure Liquid- another supplement that can sometimes be of some benefit for agitated or stressed pets.
Composure Liquid
Rescue Remedy (another popular choice):
Rescue Remedy
Great link below about Prozac use in pets:
[url=http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/fluoxetine-prozac/page1.aspx]Prozac use in pets[/ur]
Good Luck!
Please remember to select the tab, REPLY TO EXPERT, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Otherwise, select the RATE TO FINISH tab to provide a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate so I am recognized by Justanswer for responding. My goal is to provide you the best answer possible.
Dr. Andy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the link for petplace doesn't work

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
oops...
missed one letter on end of code. try this one:
Prozac use in pets
Hope that additional information helps. Definitely, reply to me if there is any other way I may assist you. I hope my responses have been satisfactory?
Dr. Andy