Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My cat, Lily, is 4 years old and is a house cat as I live in

Customer Question

My cat, Lily, is 4 years old and is a house cat as I live in a flat. for the last 2 weeks she has been cleaning herself and scratching herself in the same spot. My husband says she may have fleas, but I do not see how she could have fleas as she has never been out. Can you advise please.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Peter :

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Dr. Peter :

1- Where is the area that she is licking?

Dr. Peter :

2- Is there a sore, redness or swelling in the area?

Dr. Peter :

3- Have you comb her for fleas?