Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My dog has a big lump on his hip. What can i do to get rid

My dog has a big lump on his hip. What can i do to get rid of this
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has she had the lump?
2- Is it above or below the skin?
3- Is it firmly attach to the underlying tissue?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

he has had a lump for over a year, but it has been getting bigger as time goes on. It is above his fur, and is bear.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It doesn't appear to be painful, he just licks it.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
David, what you are describing is a tumor. Unfortunately, there is nothing over the counter that can be applied to get rid of this type of growth. This is something that needs to be surgically removed by a veterinarian. Once the growth is removed your vet can submit a tissue sample to the lab to determine if it is malignant (cancer) or benign. If it has been fast growing I would strongly recommend to consider having it removed.
Do Not let him lick it or he will make it worst, pick up an ecollar (cone) in your local pet store to stop him from licking it.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service, I am happy to address follow-up questions. P
lease do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter