Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Thirty years experience in small animal medicine and surgery.
56364752

My English lop rabbit as got growths under his chin. The vet

Customer Question

My English lop rabbit as got growths under his chin. The vet said they are attached to his lymph nodes. E is continually on antibiotics which shrink it for awhile but then the two lumps grow again, he is on baytril and the vet said it is the only antibiotic available for rabbits and they can't operate
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Barbara :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. I am a licensed veterinarian and I'm here to help you. Not knowing what Buster's growths are makes it very difficult to treat successfully. One should be biopsied to determine what the lump is and how to treat these accurately. If your vet is uncomfortable doing a surgery on a rabbit, there other vets who would be able to do this for you. Buster did have fine needle aspirates of these lumps. What needs to be determined is if these are cancerous or are these hyperplastic lymph nodes. Then if they are just hyperplastic, where is the infection that is causing these to be enlarged. . .his teeth perhaps?

Dr. Barbara :

Oral antibiotics usually won't treat an eye infection. Buster needs to have an antibiotic eye ointment!

Hi Serena,
Thank you for your positive rating. I do feel you probably would like to continue our conversation until you have the answers you need.
Can you tell me more about Buster's lumps and his rear paw? Has it healed?