Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Can I give prednidale with blood in stools. Have

Customer Question

Can I give prednidale for dachsund with blood in stools. Have 5mg tablets
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This blood that you see in the stools is caused by either hard stools or diarrhea affecting the very sensitive rectal mucosa causing small blood vessels to break and bleed. This will resolve once the digestive disturbance has resolved. The best thing for sweet little Zoe is feeding her a bland diet of rice and boiled chicken and giving her Pepcid AC at 0.5 mg per pound of her weight every 8 hrs. This will resolve this mild digestive issue. I would NOT recommend giving Zoe the prednisone because we do not know if inflammation is the cause and this could be bad for her.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much , J Ashmore, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your gal feels better soon!

Have a wonderful day!