Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years with dogs, cats, exotic, wildlife and zoo animals, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My dog just ran up a flight of stairs started coughing and

My dog just ran up a flight of stairs started coughing and seemed to lose control of her back legs for about 30 seconds. She has also started drinking a lot of water and has very noticeable bloating afterwards. She has suffered with a bad throat making honking noises and makes a horrible noise while drinking loud clicking/creaking sound. She's not young at 14+yrs, should I take her to a vet
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.
I do think she should be taken to a vet. Exercise resulting in coughing, weakness, and bloating often means there is something going on with the heart. IF the heart is not pumping correctly or she is having trouble with her blood pressure (due to bleeding internally or heart issues), then she needs help quickly to get that stabilized before it gets any worse. Since it is always better to intervene early whenever it's possible there is a heart issue, then I must recommend she see the vet, preferably today if possible.
I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Dan