Vet help
Vet help, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 yrs experience as small animal veterinarian; 21 yrs exp. in animal care field
883989

, my cat has been given ciloxan, which is ,

Hello, my cat has been given ciloxan, which is for humans, to treat a bacterial infection of the eye. As it is for humans is it ok to use this on my cat. She is 17 and the actual infection is under the eye on the exterior. I read that cats should only be given feline eye drops, is it ok to use this medication on my cat? This is what the vet has given me. The dosage is 4 times a day.
Expert:  Vet help replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the Ciloxan drops are fine to use for Chloe if this is what your vet prescribed as the best choice for her particular issue.
There are no eye medications specifically manufactured for use in cats and we routinely use human eye medications in both dogs and cats.