Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I hope you can help me.I have got 3year old French bulldog

Customer Question

Hello I hope you can help me.I have got 3year old French bulldog he has been acting very strange the last 3 days.I took him to our Pdsa yesterday told the vet about his behaviour so he took his tep which was fine also felt his tummy said there is nothing to say he is not well.I did explain that he had been acting funny,he seems to have no energy very sleepy he then starts going round in circles backwards breathing very heavily seems to be very confused then just struggle to lie down on his side shaking looking very confused I have slept downstairs with him the last 2nights I am so worried about him not sure what I should do.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. He certainly doesn't sound "fine" to me. Lethargy and confusion and, in particular, circling, suggests the change in mentation (mental status) indicative of encephalopathy (brain disorder). Such a disorder can arise due to problems in his brain such as epilepsy or his brain may be responding to an internal medical disorder such as a poorly functioning liver which is intoxicating the brain.

The PDSA needs to know about those very important symptoms. Diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests need to be performed. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.

I'm going to check back with you in a few days for an update. Feel free to return to our conversation - even after rating - prior to my contacting you if you wish.

Please disregard the info request.
May I have an update on Deebo, please?