Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

, My Mums sick and I'm looking after her, it seems that

Customer Question

My Mums sick and I'm looking after her, it seems that she's dropped one of her tablets, her thyroxine. Our 8 month old kitten was the one to find it, obviously! I took it away from him, there are no teeth marks on it and it doesn't look like he's had it in his mouth, as the tablets are chalky, and so it would feel tacky.
Hopefully I've stopped him in time, but if he's licked a little of it, (which it didn't look like), are there any problems that can occur?
I know that I'm probably been very over protective, but with Mum not long out of hospital from pneumonia and the fact we last our original 2 cats last year, they were only 8 and 10, so Sparkie is over spoilt!!! Is there any need to worry?
Thanks Shelley
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning Shelley and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I know you are in a tough spot with your Mum being sick and you being responsible for sweet little Sparky. You do not have to worry about Sparky getting a small amount of this tablet. It could hurt him if he had ingested this but with only a tiny amount, there will be no effect on him and no harm will come to him...

You are doing great Shelley....Sparky will be fine and I hope your Mum feels better soon!!

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr. Loretta,Thank you SOO very much for your answer and reassurance, life hasn't been easy, but that's by the by and you don't need to hear all that! But knowing that Sparkie will be safe, just helps to make things easier. I don't know what I'd do without him, after losing Sox and Giz so soon after each other last year, Sox was just before Christmas, I don't think I could cope with everything else that's going on, without him!! So thanks
HI Shelley....I feel so bad for you...I know how hard it is to lose our fur friends....Sparkie must be quite a guy and so nice to have when you need a friend that will not talk back...I LOVE those cats with the smudge...so cute!!!

You do nto have to worry about Sparkie's tail....if there was a problem, he would have lost some nerve supply and since it appears normal, he will be fine....By the way, you are not the only one that has accidently closed a door on a cats tail....you are not alone.

Please let me know if you have any other issues with sweet Sparkie...I am always happy to help!!
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience: 25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
Thank you so much, Shelley, for your kind rating and generous bonus. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your Mum feels better soon and that Sparkie can stay out of mischief....

Have a wonderful day!!