Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

when are hedgehogs due to come out of hibernation? is it anytime

Customer Question

when are hedgehogs due to come out of hibernation? is it anytime now. thankyou for your help
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Hedgehog hibernation should be coming to an end in the next few weeks. Generally speaking, they tend to return to activity around March to May. So, we'd be expecting to see him in the near future. Of course, we do need to be aware that if he was very small (<500grams) back in October, then there is a risk that he may not have made it through hibernation. But hopefully that will not be the case and you will see him puttering around soon.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.