Dr. P
Dr. P, Veterinarian
Experience:  11 years small animal private practice & emergency.
14859682

My Cat has just Delivered a Kitten it was still in it sac not

My Cat has just Delivered a Kitten it was still in it sac not moving sac filled with brown FlUild it was not moving, she seems calm now, I think she about 58 days Pregnant, could she still have more kittens that might be born alive.
Expert:  Dr. P replied 2 years ago.
Dr. P :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

Customer:

Hello what should I do now

Dr. P :

Ok. First did you open the sack and get the kitten out??

Customer:

yes I did and rub it with a towel but now sign of life

Dr. P :

Ok just making sure. Rubbing sometimes will bring a near dead kitten back. The chance that she could have more is a yes and that they be alive is a yes. If you can gently feel in her abdomen sometimes you can feel the remaining kittens. Did she have a difficult time delivering this one?

Customer:

No it happened very she was asleep beside me then just got on floor saw she was having a contractions, and then it was born!!

Dr. P :

Ok that is great then! Sometimes I will see dead kittens with an extended labor. Now, there can be as much time as 1 hour between kittens. You will have to watch her closely. If an hour goes by and you see no contractions and you are unsure, you can call up your vet and have them at least examine her and palpate her abdomen to see if they feel as if there are any kittens left. This is something that you do need to know because if there is a kitten inside, alive or dead, and she doesn't attempt to deliver it that can turn into an emergency and could make her very sick

Customer:

0k I will keep a close eye for hour then if nothing happens i will call my vet. thank you for the advice.

Dr. P :

You are very welcome and good luck!!