Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

One of my sheep in due to lamb in the next week however today

Customer Question

One of my sheep in due to lamb in the next week however today I checked her bag where I found a hard lump in between her teats is this something I need to worry about
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

If the udders appear normal, this lump may only be some scar tissue or a lesion that will not harm her. There is a possibility that this could be an abscess so the best course of action for you now, is to apply hot compresses to this area every 4-6 hrs to draw out any infection. If this lump is not painful, I would not be concerned. Just keep an eye on this.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** does not appear to be in pain so like you said I will just keep a close eye on her
Good for you Lesley...i appears to be something that will not harm her pregnancy. Hope she does well!