Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Good morning. I have just "woken" my two Hermans. They are

Customer Question

Good morning. I have just "woken" my two Hermans. They are both very well ,eating and drinking one of them seems to have grown a longer beak during hibernation. They are 11 and 9 years old I think my feeding regime is ok. Would a vet be able to sort it out. Many thanks. Lucy Holmes.
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome,This is not an information request but just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.Unfortunately the expert you requested is not online at present but I know you will be wanting a quick answer so I have decided to step in, I hope this OK with you. My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting.I have worked out an answer for you, please read it through and see what you think. 1. Clipping back a tortoises beak is a very simple and easy procedure which your vet will easily be able to do for you. 2. Alternatively some owners are able to do this themselves, here is some more info on the subject : LINKI hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.