Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Cat 7 yrs old has had urine infection. Diagnosed stones/crystaisation

Cat 7 yrs old has had urine infection. Diagnosed stones/crystaisation in bladder.
ive been quoated 380 pounds. Is this a gd guideline?
What further allowance shoild I make for anything ?
darren walters
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Now since you mentioned that Chilli has bladder stones, I assume the estimate you have been given is for surgical removal of the bladder stones (cystotomy). If this is the case and you have been quoted £380, this is a good price (my own practice would charge ~£500 for the surgery) and one that you could certainly take advantage of.

In regards ***** ***** potential costs, it is worth checking to see if that quote covers any post operatve antibiotics or pain relief. Otherwise, that could potentially cost another £30-50. Finally, as I am sure you are already aware, Chilli will likely need to stay on a special diet to at least prevent crystal/stone recurrance even if it didn't dissolve her current stones. So, that would be another potential cost for her long term care.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.