Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

i have a staffy cross what was bred with her family she is

Customer Question

i have a staffy cross what was bred with her family she is starting to fit she is 11 years old also did when she was younnger
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There are many causes for seizures especially in an older dog. Since Mitzi has had seizures throughout her life, this could be Epilepsy which may or may not be hereditary. It is best to have your vet examine her and run lab work to rule out other issues that could cause thsi such as liver disease or other conditions. If she has Epilepsy, your vet will have medications to stop these episodes. This is very important since she could pass away during a seizure or suffer permenent brain damage.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much, DEbbie, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope sweet Mitzi will get some help from these episodes.

Have a wonderful day!!