Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My dog had sickness and diarrhoea after eating bones. I fed

Customer Question

My dog had sickness and diarrhoea after eating bones. I fed her rice and boiled chicken for two days
Now she has not been to the toilet for three dsys. I have given her some olive oil in her food. Also good walks to try and stimulste her bowels. No success. She is eating and drinking normally and is not straining at all. Is this normal?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Since Ffion is over this digestive disturbance, it may be that she has developed an Ileus which when the intestines stop working. The best thing you can do is to continue to give the Olive oil or MIneral OIl at 1 teaspoon per 20 pounds of her weight every 4-6 hrs. Continue to walk her to stimulate her bowels. Ffion is not in any danger as long as she is active and eating ...this will resolve with time. There is a slight chance that Ffion may be deveoping an intestinal obstruction and if this happens, Ffion will become lethargic and anorexic....take your sweet girl straight to your vet for treatment.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****