Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years with dogs, cats, exotic, wildlife and zoo animals, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

I have a beagle puppy ten weeks old, I have just fed him three

I have a beagle puppy ten weeks old, I have just fed him three handfuls of James wellbeloved food and I am concerned his stomach has swollen, Am I just over reacting he his in a new environment and hasn't had a poo yet lots of little wees please advise me
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.
How long did it take from feeding until bloated stomach?
Does he seem uncomfortable in anyway?
Is he trying to vomit?
Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The bloated tummy was minutes 5minutes afterwards and he did try to find somewhere to poo under the coffee table but i picked him up and took him to the training pad.

His tail is wagging and he seems happy I think running and trying to climb the sofa

I also think he has a cold hes very chesty and I also forgot to mention he has cherry eye which we are taking him too the vet Monday morning,

we have eye drops

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the information. I think this is likely not a big deal. Depending on how much fat is in a puppy's abdomen determines how much we can see a full stomach. If he has gone through a growth spurt and he has little abdominal fat you'll see his "full stomach" very easily and it will look like bloating. If he's normally active and not trying to vomit then this is not a concern. If he develops either of those symptoms then it's time to head to the vet immediately. However, in all likelihood, he'll be fine. Just wait to give him more food until he looks less bloated. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions.
Dr. Dan