Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

We. have a nine year old corn snake who has had a lump

Customer Question

Hi, we. have a nine year old corn snake who has had a lump on his back, it has grown with him for the last five years. It gives him no bother, he sheds regularly, complete skin shedding is the norm. He eats very well and is fed on average three times a month, he is very active and is handled regularly. A month ago he shed and rubbed the top off his lump which bled slightly. We treated it with Repti-wound healing aid and sterilised his habitat. The wound healed nicely and he had another good shedding without affecting it. He was fine and did not seem to be in any discomfort even when prodded and squeezed. On Friday, he started rubbing and tore the lump open again. We cleaned the wound again, and he still doesn't mind being handled and touched. We live on the isle of Skye and our vet has no reptile expertise. We are looking for advice as to how proceed, taking into account that he shows no signs of distress in himself and his habits.
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Are you able to post a picture of the lump with the wound? That would be the most helpful.Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can't upload picture as the interface doesn't seem to be working or compatible with my software. If you give me an email address I'll be able to attach one.