Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

What is causing film over eyes of my tortoise

Customer Question

what is causing film over eyes of my tortoise
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tortoise is 9 months to 1 year old. Purchased approx 3 week ago it has developed a film over both eyes and appear shut it has also stopped eating.

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in reptiles. I'm sorry to hear of this incident. Some additional information will be useful.

Does Toby live inside or outdoors? If inside:

What types of heating and lighting equipment do you have?

What temepratures do you maintain under the basking light and on the cool side of the enclosure?

Id there discharge from his eyes?